Republic Bank’s vision statement has Building Successful Communities as one of its key pillars. The Bank, therefore, ensures that as it works to deliver sustainable growth and Shareholder value, it contributes to the wider Community by being a responsible corporate citizen, a Bank with a heart and an employer of choice. The Bank is therefore committed to promoting and engaging in activities that benefit and enhance the socio-economic development of the Community and the Country as a whole. In the year 2016, the Bank’s main CSR drive was in the area of business capacity development and youth development.
Under the business capacity development, the Bank engaged in developing local content in the Oil and Gas Sector and also enhancing financial knowledge of key players in the Cocoa value chain business through the following activities:-
Republic Cocoa Summit 2016
- Sekondi-Takoradi Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Ghana Extractive Industry Safety Conference (GEISCON)
- Ghana Oil and Gas Services Association (GOGSPA)
- Petroleum Commission of Ghana Local Content Conference and Exhibition.
Under the youth development program, the Bank engaged in the development of youth in athletics by sponsoring the 2016 Ghana Education Service (GES) National Basic Schools Athletics Festival.
In order to broaden the Community reach and involve staff in Community engagement, the Bank introduced a Staff Volunteerism Program (SVP) in 2016. Under the SVP, staff in all Branches and Departments were encouraged to identify relevant community initiatives and finance their execution through their own voluntary contributions
The following initiatives were undertaken under the SVP in 2016:
- Construction of 3-Unit pres-school block at Manchie – funded and co-built by Republic Bank ISL staff.
- Donation to Head Porters across the country as part of Mother’s Day Celebrations – funded by staff voluntary donations.
- Donation to Tamale Hospital – funded by Tamale Branch Staff
- Donation to Accra Psychiatric Hospital – funded by Adabraka Branch Staff
- Donation to Tema Manhea Hospital – funded by Tema Branch Staff
- Free NHIS registration for underprivileged children in Kumasi – funded by Asokwa Branch Staff
- Donation to Prampram Polyclinic – funded by the Community 25 Branch Staff
- Painting of curbs within the Accra Central Business District – funded by Accra Central Branch Staff